1. Do not move your vehicle (unless it presents a danger to other traffic).
2. Be certain the other party does not move their vehicle.
3. Always notify the police. If for some reason they will not come out (i.e. private property, weather conditions, etc.) be sure to file a report in person or online within 24 hours.
4. Collect the following information:
-name, address, and telephone number of the other driver
-name and policy number of the other driver’s insurance company
-make, model, and license plate number of the other driver
-names, addresses, and telephone numbers of any witnesses
5. Notify your insurance company immediately, even if you’re not injured or at fault.
6. Take photos of your car’s damage and observable personal injuries.
7. If you have questions about your accident or what to do if you’ve been injured, call Kidneigh & Kaufman at (303) 393-3666 for a FREE consultation. We handle accident cases on a contingent fee basis.
Filed under: Articles by Jennifer Crichton
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!