University of Denver, Sturm College of Law
● Juris Doctor, December 2006
● G.P.A. 3.39; Class Rank 64/236
● Member: Business Law Society
College of William and Mary School of Law Study Abroad Program – Madrid, Spain
University of Arizona, Eller College of Business – Tucson, Arizona
● Graduated cum laude, May 2003, B.S. in Economics and Minor in Spanish, G.P.A. 3.6
● International Business Certificate Program
● Awarded Eller College of Business and Public Administration partial scholarship
Adams County District Attorney
May 21, 2007 – May, 2011
● Conducted over 50 jury trials including 19 felonies, ranging from DUIs to First Degree Murder.
● Acted as lead attorney of county court, overseeing and supervising 12 county court deputy district attorneys.
● Prepared and litigated motions, including discovery, suppression, and ineffective assistance of counsel motions.
Colorado Office of the Attorney General
Business and Licensing Division
June 5, 2006 – August 3, 2006
● Assisted the Solicitor General and the Assistant Attorney General with legal research and analysis on the Colorado Immigration Bill (HB 1023) and the Colorado Smoking Ban litigation.
● Planned and prepared depositions intended for pending securities litigations.
Colorado Secretary of State, Business Division
Jan. 10, 2006 – April 19, 2006
● Completed research project regarding the statutory history of business entities in Colorado.
● Assisted in drafting new legislation regarding Colorado business entity rules.
Benjamin, Bain and Howard LLC
May 16, 2005 – June 16, 2005
● Drafted legal memorandum analyzing prior Colorado case law concerning enforceability of warranties.
● Researched ethical duties for real estate attorneys in Colorado.
Irwin Mortgage Corporation
Director of Secondary Marketing
June 2, 2003 – June 25, 2004
● Designed successful regional pricing strategy for mortgage lender by implementing daily market evaluations that analyzed regional mortgage pricing.
● Planned promotions and marketing strategy, including a new broker website that attracted new broker clients.
● Volunteer mentor attorney for Teen Court in Brighton, Colorado.
● Founding member of Blue Sky Fund, a non-profit charity headquartered in Denver, Colorado dedicated to improving the lives of underprivileged children.
● Enjoys spending time with beautiful wife Jenny and new son Griffith, snowboarding, golf, intramural sports and international travel.
- Advanced proficiency in conversational and written Spanish.